Log In
Sunday 23rd October 2016

Anthrax kills drum maker

3rd November 2008

A drum-maker has died after breathing in anthrax spores from infected animal skins in his workshop in London. 

The Health Protection Agency has cordoned off his Hackney apartment. The HPA's chief adviser Professor Nigel Lightfoot, said  the public were not in danger. He added: "We are, however, keen to reiterate to all individuals who make drums from imported animal skins that there is a risk of coming into contact with anthrax and that they should ensure they are aware of this and take precautions to protect themselves when making these drums."


Share this page


There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!

Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Article Information

Title: Anthrax kills drum maker
Author: Jess Laurence
Article Id: 9005
Date Added: 3rd Nov 2008


BBC News

Recent Related Articles

Zika mosquito eggs found in UK

September heatwave to hit the UK

Poverty costing UK £78bn a year


Add to scrapbook
Show Comments
Add comment
Find all related articles


M3 - For secure managed hosting over N3 or internet
© Mayden Foundation 2016