FAQ
Log In
Thursday 27th July 2017
News
 › 
 › 

Boy collapses after chewing nicotine gum

21st July 2009

A teenage boy from the West Midlands was treated overnight in hospital after chewing 45 pieces of nicotine gum.

Aidan Williams was given the gum by a friend who had obtained it from the DECCA (Drugs Education, Counselling and Confidential Advice) team.  Margaret Storrie, service manager, said: "Aidan overdosing on gum like this is the first time such an incident has happened and we are disappointed to hear about it. Aidan's friend who was originally given the gum would have been told very clearly how often to use it by the worker who gave it to him."

Share this page

Comments

There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!


Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Mayden - Innovative cloud-based web development for the healthcare sector
© Mayden Foundation 2017