Log In
Tuesday 22nd May 2018

E coli inquiry begins

12th February 2008

An inquiry heard that the E coli outbreak in South Wales could have been caused by dead insects found at a butchers which sold meat eaten by those who developed the illness.

A five-year-old boy died and over 150 people were diagnosed with the illness in 2005. A minute's silence was held at the beginning of the inquiry for Mason Jones, the boy who died. Professor Pennington, who is chairman of the inquiry, said Mason was "very much in my mind."

Share this page


There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!

Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Mayden - Innovative cloud-based web development for the healthcare sector
© Mayden Foundation 2018