FAQ
Log In
Friday 2nd December 2016
News
 › 
 › 

Espresso coffee overdose

14th August 2007

Teenager Jasmine Willis was taken to hospital after overdosing on espresso coffee.

The 17-year-old student from Stanley, County Durham, developed a fever and began hyperventilating after drinking seven double espressos while working at a sandwich shop run by her family.

She was taken to the University Hospital of North Durham, where doctors confirmed she had overdosed on caffeine. Jasmine was allowed home after a few hours observation and has made a full recovery but is now warning others about the dangers of excessive coffee drinking.

 

Share this page

Comments

There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!


Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Mayden - Innovative cloud-based applications for healthcare
© Mayden Foundation 2016