Log In
Wednesday 21st March 2018

Girl paralysed after cervical jab

15th December 2008

A 12-year-old girl has become "paralysed" after being injected with the cervical cancer vaccine.

The injection has been linked with Guillan-Barré syndrome after several girls in America were paralysed. The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, the government agency which monitors medication, said: "Guillain-Barré syndrome naturally occurs in the population. There is no good evidence to suggest that the Cervarix vaccine can cause [it]."

Share this page


There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!

Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Article Information

Title: Girl paralysed after cervical jab
Author: Jess Laurence
Article Id: 9582
Date Added: 15th Dec 2008


The Telegraph

Recent Related Articles

Energy drinks ban in the UK

Aussie flu continues to sweep across the UK

Contingency plans for trusts after Carillion collapse

Obesity can lead to certain cancers


Add to scrapbook
Show Comments
Add comment
Find all related articles


Mayden - Innovative cloud-based web development for the healthcare sector
© Mayden Foundation 2018