FAQ
Log In
Saturday 10th December 2016
News
 › 
 › 

Ibuprofen caused allergic reaction

31st October 2012

Ibuprofen caused 11-year-old, Calvin Lock, to have a life-threatening allergic reaction.

He had to be put on a life-support machine after 65% of his skin came out in blisters and he had to be treated in a burns unit. His parents are now campaigning to raise knowledge of his condition, Stevens-Johnsons Syndrome. His mother Robin Moult said: 'The doctors are 100% sure that the  ibuprofen caused Calvin's reaction. We would never have known that he was going to be allergic. I have given it to my other children and they have been fine." 

 

Share this page

Comments

Poppie Reitz

Wednesday 31st October 2012 @ 18:22

hello, I've suffered from this condition twice and would love to talk to the family and learn about the condition from each others perspective. best of luck to Calvin



poppiereitz28@gmail.com


Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Mayden - Innovative cloud-based web development for the healthcare sector
© Mayden Foundation 2016