Leadership and Management in Healthcare18th June 2010
This book looks at the management and leadership roles of the newly qualified nurse and other allied healthcare professionals. By focusing on the managerial competencies and skills nurses need to develop early on in their careers it will help you to manage everyday practice.
Chapters recognise the challenges facing newly qualified health professionals such as delivering patient care, managing resources and supporting the development of colleagues. They also look at management theory, decision-making and continuing professional development. Key features include:
- links to key national agenda governing healthcare practice.
- relates theory to practice, encouraging self-aware and reflective practitioners
- learning outcomes, chapter introductions and further reading.
- activities and think points to encourage skills analysis and critical reflection.
- relevant practice examples.
The professional backgrounds of the authors in clinical practice, education and management mean that this is an engaging and authoritative text. It will be ideal for all nursing and allied healthcare students, as well as qualified professionals who need a clear and engaging guide to the key issues, theories and practice skills needed for effective management and leadership in healthcare.
Share this page
There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!
Post your comment
Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.