FAQ
Log In
Saturday 27th May 2017
News
 › 
 › 

Liquid nitrogen warning

8th October 2012

Lancashire police have confirmed an 18-year-old female had to have her stomach taken out after she drank a cocktail made with liquid nitrogen.

Gaby Scanlon was drinking at Oscar's wine bar when she developed intense stomach pains and was taken to Royal Lancaster Infirmary. A statement released by police said: "The premises involved have fully co-operated with all agencies and have suspended drinks involving liquid nitrogen. The investigation is still in its early stages and we are still interviewing witnesses to establish the full facts."

Share this page

Comments

There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!


Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Article Information

Title: Liquid nitrogen warning
Author: Jess Laurence
Article Id: 22894
Date Added: 8th Oct 2012

Sources

BBC News

Recent Related Articles

Traffic injuries biggest teen killer

Dairy-free diets warning

Heart attack early warning signs being missed

Actions

Add to scrapbook
Show Comments
Add comment
Find all related articles

Tags

Mayden - Innovative cloud-based applications for healthcare
© Mayden Foundation 2017