Media Messages and Public Health: A Decisions Approach to Content Analysis (Hardcover)28th May 2009
Media Messages and Public Health addresses the full range of methodological and conceptual issues involved in content analysis research, specifically focused on public health-related messages and behaviours. Uniquely tailored to the challenges faced by content researchers interested in the study of public health topics, coverage includes:
- Conceptual and methodological foundations involved in the practice of content analysis research used to examine public health issues.
- Measurement challenges posed by the broad range of media.
- Use of content analysis across multiple media types.
- The potential for individual differences in audience interpretation of message content.
- Case studies that examine public health issues in the media to illustration the decisions that are made when developing content analysis studies.
The volume concludes with a set of guidelines for optimal content analysis research, and suggests ways in which the field can accommodate new technologies and new ways of using media. Developed for researchers in communication, media, and public health, this unique resource demonstrates how the variety of decisions researchers make along the way allows the exploration of traditions, assumptions and implications for each varying alternative and ultimately advances the science of content analysis research.
Share this page
There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!
Post your comment
Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.
Article Id: 11541
Date Added: 28th May 2009