Mentoring Nursing and Healthcare Students21st December 2009
What does effective mentoring mean in actual practice? How can I be a good mentor?
This book answers these questions and is designed to offer nursing and healthcare students a foundation in effective mentoring. Chapters examine the roles and responsibilities of the mentor, and how they enhance the process of mentorship. By examining the relevant competencies and knowledge base, the book provides an essential framework for developing the practice skills needed for successful mentoring.
Key features include:
- Embedded in real-life practice and case study examples
- Offers tips for successful mentoring and reflects upon likely challenges
- Features a range of interactive study activities linked to the student and mentor’s experiences
- Presents the most up-to-date professional guidance
- Includes running themes of reflective practice; evidence-based practice and multi-professional working.
Mentoring Nursing & Healthcare Students will help both the mentor and the student to develop the skills needed for effective collaboration. It is the core text for mentor preparation and mentor update courses in nursing, midwifery and allied health.
Share this page
There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!
Post your comment
Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.