FAQ
Log In
Monday 26th September 2016
News
 › 
 › 

'No health risk' from beef products

11th February 2013

The government has said that all processed beef products are safe to eat, despite the ongoing horsemeat scandal, and that there is no health risk at this stage.

However, ministers have also warned shoppers to brace themselves for more unwelcome news over the crisis. Environment Secretary Owen Paterson said a criminal conspiracy may be behind the issue with legal action due to begin in Europe from the start of next week and reports from France suggested the problem had been pinned down to two abattoirs in Romania.

 

Share this page

Comments

There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!


Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Mayden - Innovative cloud-based web development for the healthcare sector
© Mayden Foundation 2016