Older People's Mental Health Today: A Handbook (Paperback)22nd June 2009
Part of a series of mental health handbooks, this latest handbook includes a collection of chapters written by experts in the field of older people‚Äôs mental health.
The handbook is divided into two sections:
1. Mental health and well-being of older people
2. Care and support of older people with mental health problems
- old age and mental health in the context of lifespan
- age equality, discrimination and diversity
- legal policy frameworks for older people‚Äôs mental health
- current best practice for dementia
- depression and anxiety
- serious and enduring mental health problems
- suicide and self-harm
- families, carers and friends
- integrating health and social care
- recovery and person-centred care
- involving older people in service planning and delivery
- housing and environment issues
- adult protection and risk
- dignity in care
- palliative care.
The book provides an invaluable and thorough introduction to students and practitioners who wish to further their knowledge and understanding of the mental health issues, problems and solutions affecting older people.
Share this page
There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!
Post your comment
Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.
Article Id: 11849
Date Added: 22nd Jun 2009