FAQ
Log In
Saturday 10th December 2016
News
 › 
 › 

Patients at risk from faulty jabs

8th November 2006

01072006_Vaccination1.jpgA health board in Scotland has offered booster vaccinations to more than 800 patients after they were given vaccines that may have been stored at the wrong temperature.

The 813 patients, half of them children, were immunised at Northfield and Mastrick Medical Practice in Aberdeen.

The practice realised some vaccines it had given in the last two years may not have been stored at the required temperature of between two and eight degrees Celcius. Storage at incorrect temperatures may have rendered the vaccines ineffective.

The vaccines affected included tetanus, polio, hepatitis A and B, meningitis and pneumonia.

Now NHS Grampian has offered booster vaccinations to all patients concerned.

Share this page

Comments

There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!


Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Mayden - Innovative cloud-based web development for the healthcare sector
© Mayden Foundation 2016