FAQ
Log In
Saturday 27th May 2017
News
 › 
 › 

Rare infection kills girl

16th January 2009

A 12-year old from Cilfrew near Neath in Wales has died from a "rare" infection caused by a common bacteria.

Dr Jörg Hoffmann, consultant in communicable disease control, said: "We suspect that this child's death was caused by an infection with invasive Group A Streptococcus (iGAS), a bacteria that many people carry and which can, on rare occasions, cause life-threatening diseases." 

 

Share this page

Comments

There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!


Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Article Information

Title: Rare infection kills girl
Author: Jess Laurence
Article Id: 9842
Date Added: 16th Jan 2009

Sources

BBC News

Recent Related Articles

Brexit fears prompting EU nurses to desert the UK

Actions

Add to scrapbook
Show Comments
Add comment
Find all related articles

Tags

Mayden - Innovative cloud-based applications for healthcare
© Mayden Foundation 2017