FAQ
Log In
Friday 30th September 2016
News
 › 
 › 

Reducing carbon monoxide poisoning advice

23rd November 2011

The Health Protection Agency is warning people to have their fossil fuel and wood burning appliances such as boilers, heaters and cookers checked by an appropriately registered engineer before the winter sets in.

The HPA says that Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning is a significant risk to people in the UK, particularly in winter, and causes some 50 deaths each year in England and Wales and because they are often caused by faulty fossil fuel and wood burning appliances, they are preventable.

 

Share this page

Comments

Danis John

Thursday 5th December 2013 @ 10:56

In carbon monoxide poisoning there can be some main symptoms like vomiting, headaches, lightheartedness, confusion, memory loss problem.






Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Article Information

Title: Reducing carbon monoxide poisoning advice
Author: Mark Nicholls
Article Id: 20413
Date Added: 23rd Nov 2011

Sources

Health Protection Agency

Recent Related Articles

Rare burgers on BBQ food poisoning risk

Learning difficulties linked to winter months

Vitamin D should be taken during winter months

Advice on frozen food

Actions

Add to scrapbook
Show Comments
Add comment
Find all related articles

Tags

Mayden - Innovative cloud-based web development for the healthcare sector
© Mayden Foundation 2016