Salmonella from pet snake28th March 2008
A three-month old baby in Birmingham may have caught salmonella from her family's pet snake, according to her mother.
Gabriella Vry became ill and was diagnosed with salmonella at the age of 14 weeks. Mrs Vry said she thought her daughter could have been passed the disease by her son after he handled the snake. In the past, Labour's chief medical officer has cautioned that the bacterial infection can be picked up by touching pet snakes.
Share this page
There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!
Post your comment
Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.
Title: Salmonella from pet snake
Author: Jess Laurence
Article Id: 6134
Date Added: 28th Mar 2008