FAQ
Log In
Sunday 4th December 2016
News
 › 
 › 

Severe reaction to hamster bite

31st May 2007

A 50-year-old man suffered a severe allergic reaction after he was bitten by a pet hamster while trying to retrieve it from beneath floorboards at his home.

The man, from Evesham, Worcestershire, was suffering from breathing difficulties and in a semi-conscious state when the ambulance crews arrived at the scene. Paramedics said a key factor in the man surviving was that he had given himself anti-allergy drugs straight away. He was taken for further treatment at the Alexandra Hospital in Redditch.

 

Share this page

Comments

There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!


Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Article Information

Title: Severe reaction to hamster bite
Author: Jess Laurence
Article Id: 3000
Date Added: 31st May 2007

Sources

BBC News

Recent Related Articles

First sexually transmitted Zika virus in UK

Global infection response team formed in UK

Zika mosquito eggs found in UK

September heatwave to hit the UK

Actions

Add to scrapbook
Show Comments
Add comment
Find all related articles

Tags

Mayden - Innovative cloud-based web development for the healthcare sector
© Mayden Foundation 2016