FAQ
Log In
Wednesday 24th January 2018
News
 › 
 › 

The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:

25th February 2011

The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:

NHS Critical care beds, January 2011 census

The key points from the latest release are:

  • The overall number of open and staffed adult critical care beds was 3,747. This represents 67 (1.8%) more beds than at 15 July 2010, and 73 (2.1%) more beds than one year ago.
  • 2,774 (74.0%) of the beds were in general critical care with the remaining 973 (26.0%) in specialist critical care units/wards such as cardiothoracic, neurological, liver, spinal injury or burns units.
  • 2,075 (55.4%) of the beds were being used for intensive care (level 3) and 1,672 (44.6%) were being used for high dependency (level 2) care on the census day.

Full tables are available here

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Statistics/Performancedataandstatistics/Beds/DH_077451

 

Share this page

Comments

There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!


Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Article Information

Title: The following statistics were released today by the Department of Health:
Author: Martine Hamilton
Article Id: 17700
Date Added: 25th Feb 2011

Recent Related Articles

Department of Health shake up continues

Safety net introduced following pregnant patient's death

Actions

Add to scrapbook
Show Comments
Add comment
Find all related articles

Mayden - Innovative cloud-based web development for the healthcare sector
© Mayden Foundation 2018