The Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines, Tenth Edition (Paperback)29th September 2009
One of the most widely used guides to prescribing psychiatric medications, the Tenth Edition of Maudsley Prescribing Guidelines returns with fully updated content and new sections on the latest topics of interest in the field of psychiatry.
A must-have reference for prescribers, nursing staff, pharmacists, family physicians, and other professions in allied medicine, this text contains a volume of practical advice for use in common clinical situations.
Covering all aspects of psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment, this edition:
- provides background information and scientific knowledge on several psychiatric disorders, including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, and anxiety disorder
- details plasma monitoring of psychotics and anticonvulsants
- analyses psychiatric disorders in children and adolescents
- describes the use of psychotropics in special patient groups
- educates the reader on patient substance abuse
- discusses miscellaneous conditions and substances
Share this page
Thursday 27th May 2010 @ 5:00
Excellent article! The new Prescribing Guidelines is an effort to improve patient care and safety. I have been using DrFirst for all of my e-prescribing needs. Check out their website I am sure you will be just as satisfied as I am.
Post your comment
Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.
Article Id: 12777
Date Added: 29th Sep 2009