FAQ
Log In
Friday 9th December 2016
News
 › 
 › 

Toddler died after wrong diagnosis

3rd October 2012

An inquest has been told that a two-year-old girl from Norwich died from meningitis after her parents were wrongly told by a paramedic that she was suffering from swine flu.

Georgia Keeling died after being rushed to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on August 4, 2009, at the height of the swine flu pandemic. Her older sister, Charlie, had earlier been correctly diagnosed with the disease, contributing to the confusion. The inquest heard that a paramedic had arrived earlier in the day only to send an ambulance away because it was “another case of swine flu.”

 

Share this page

Comments

There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!


Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Article Information

Title: Toddler died after wrong diagnosis
Author: Mark Nicholls
Article Id: 22865
Date Added: 3rd Oct 2012

Sources

The Telegraph

Recent Related Articles

CCGs may be forced into wrong decisions

COPD diagnosis needs to be improved

Actions

Add to scrapbook
Show Comments
Add comment
Find all related articles

Tags

Mayden - Innovative cloud-based web development for the healthcare sector
© Mayden Foundation 2016