FAQ
Log In
Saturday 3rd December 2016
News
 › 
 › 

Toothpaste allergic reaction fatal?

18th January 2008

A teenager who died after she brushed her teeth may have had a severe allergic reaction to the Aquafresh toothpaste she used.

Francesca Sanna, 19, suffered from severe asthma and allergies. An inquest heard that she died after going into anaphylactic shock. GlaxoSmithKline, manufacturers of Aquafresh, said: "We receive less than a handful of complaints of allergic reaction to Aquafresh Mild n Minty each year, all of which have been of a mild and a localised nature. To put this in context over 1.9 million tubes are used by consumers in the UK every year."

 

Share this page

Comments

There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!


Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Article Information

Title: Toothpaste allergic reaction fatal?
Author: Jess Laurence
Article Id: 5375
Date Added: 18th Jan 2008

Sources

Press Watch

Recent Related Articles

First sexually transmitted Zika virus in UK

Global infection response team formed in UK

Zika mosquito eggs found in UK

September heatwave to hit the UK

Actions

Add to scrapbook
Show Comments
Add comment
Find all related articles

Tags

M3 - For secure managed hosting over N3 or internet
© Mayden Foundation 2016