Log In
Friday 21st October 2016

Vomiting bug patients die in hospital

15th May 2012

Four patients have died after catching the norovirus bug at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley, west Scotland.

NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde said 34 patients were now exhibiting symptoms of the virus but that the deaths were in patients who had underlying medical issues. Consultant microbiologist, Dr Teresa Inkster said: "Our deepest sympathies are with the families at this time. Strict infection control measures are in place throughout the hospital and I would like to remind hospital visitors of the importance of hand hygiene when entering and leaving hospital premises." 


Share this page


There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!

Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Mayden - Innovative cloud-based applications for healthcare
© Mayden Foundation 2016