FAQ
Log In
Saturday 1st October 2016
News
 › 
 › 

Warning over poisonous mushrooms

19th September 2012

The Health Protection Authority has warned people in the UK to be aware that the mushrooms they pick could be poisonous.

Bacteria

The National Poisons Information Service (NPIS) said they had been asked for advice 100 times this year and there were 257 cases of poisoning last year. Dr John Thompson, the director of the NPIS unit in Cardiff, said: "The wild mushroom foraging season is under way, which is why we need people to be aware of the potential dangers involved in this activity. While many mushrooms growing in the wild are tasty and safe to eat, it is not always easy to differentiate between toxic and non-toxic species - even for people with experience in foraging." 

 

Share this page

Comments

There are no comments for this article, be the first to comment!


Post your comment

Only registered users can comment. Fill in your e-mail address for quick registration.

Your email address:

Your comment will be checked by a Healthcare Today moderator before it is published on the site.

Mayden - Innovative cloud-based web development for the healthcare sector
© Mayden Foundation 2016